DRaaS: Disaster Recovery as a Service
What is Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)?
DRaaS uses a cloud provider’s computers, networking and storage to act as the target site for replication and recovery of your company’s critical data and applications.
Zerto Virtual Replication — The only BC/DR Platform for Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
Zerto Virtual Replication enables cloud service providers to offer a robust, cost-effective system of DRaaS. It is the first BC/DR platform built with the cloud in mind. With Zerto, effective DR is possible within the private cloud, to the public cloud and in the public cloud.
Zerto enables cloud service providers to unleash the DRaaS / RaaS opportunity. Enterprises are starting to see the value of the cloud, but are hesitant to trust an emerging technology with mission-critical data due to concerns about availability, performance and security. Providing Disaster Recovery as a Service, in which the enterprise replicates its production applications to the cloud, is a win-win situation. The enterprise has the opportunity to safely evaluate what the Cloud Service Provider has to offer, and become comfortable with the concept of a cloud.
It’s clear why enterprises want to move disaster recovery to the cloud. It is a huge cost and resource savings, in comparison to putting together a replication site and other necessary systems. In addition, it replaces upfront investments with ongoing monthly bills and ensures higher performance and reliability by the cloud provider.
For cloud providers, DR as a Service provides a critical first step to lead enterprises to the cloud. It empowers them to ‘test the water’ without giving up control over production applications in their data centers.
Disaster Recovery Solution from Zerto
Zerto’s hypervisor-based replication technology is the first disaster recovery system that lets Cloud Service Providers offer cost-effective, automated, enterprise-class DR as a Service. With Zerto, cloud providers can deliver a solution that is:
- Multi-site — the ability to replicate between more than one site, enabling you to support many customers.
- Multi-tenant — full integration with VMware vCloud Director enables centralized and simplified management of all virtual data centers as well as effectively leverage resources within the cloud to realize economies of scale
- Array agnostic — replicates any customer environment to your cloud regardless of their storage vendor or architecture
- Deployed quickly and remotely — installs remotely in hours without requiring any changes to the customer environment
- Tested and validated anytime — recovers customer applications in your cloud with one click of a button
- Granular — allows customers to pick specific applications to protect, regardless of their physical server or storage location
- Comprehensive — provides robust replication and offsite backup in one simple product
- Consistent and reliable — provides scalable, block-level replication with RPO of seconds and RTO of mere minutes
Contact us today to learn why top cloud providers chose Zerto for all their BC/DR needs.
“Disaster Recovery as a Service ( DRaaS) could be the stepping stone enterprises need to try placing their data in the cloud. Live production data would remain on site, but this could open up the possibility of using the cloud and make IT managers more comfortable with the concept.”
– Mark Bowker, ESG