Zerto Virtual Replication for VMware vSphere
Simple VMware vSphere Replication: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Just Got Simple!
Zerto’s replication software for VMware vSphere enables automated data recovery, failover and failback and lets you select any VM in VMware’s vCenter. It’s that simple — no storage configuration necessary, no agent installation on guest required.
VMware Replication Solution without Storage Constraints
Zerto’s VMware Replication software protects at the VM and VMDK level, which means that protection decisions can be made without any storage constraints.
- Replicate single or multiple VMs
- Use an intuitive GUI embedded in VMware’s vCenter
- Protect multiple virtual disks connected to the same VM
- Recover immediately with the click of a button
- Support replication of RDM devices
- View and manage local and remote sites from the same vCenter
- Deliver consistent protection across your company with the ability to support multiple sites
Enterprise Class Replication for VMware
Zerto designed the only Enterprise-Class replication software for VMware to replace legacy array-based replication solutions. It provides the flexibility, scalability and ease of use expected in the virtual world without compromising any of the features and functionality required for protecting mission-critical production applications.
- Achieve seconds of RPO with continuous replication
- Recover applications instantly and automatically, providing RTO of minutes
- Protect thousands of VMs with scale-out replication architecture
- Reduce application performance impact to zero by eliminating snapshots
- Recover from logical or operator errors with journal-based, point-in-time recovery
- The size of the journal automatically increases and decreases based on the amount of changed data, ensuring protection even when applications generate large bursts of data.
- Monitor and report with built-in reporting and performance UI
- Centralized management simplifies tasks, ensuring application availability
- Remote Office / Branch Office (ROBO) protection extends disaster recovery to branch offices or environments managed by a single vCenter
- Recovery validation for live failover
- Increased manageability of alerts and events with a new centralized tab for better cause/effect analysis
- Expanded REST API capabilities for orchestration, events and alerts
- Improved environment maintenance using new VRA tabs and workflows
Multi-tier Application Protection & Recovery
Protect applications, not LUNs! With Zerto’s Virtual Protection Groups (VPGs), you can group VMs and virtual disks to be protected and recovered together. This provides complete consistency, regardless of physical location on servers and storage.
- Parallel recovery accelerates large application availability
- Group VMs and virtual disks into VPGs
- Maintain all properties of VPGs, VMs and vApps
- Test recovery, failover and failback of entire VPGs
- Support VMotion, storage VMotion, DRS and HA while replicating
- Multi-site replication, protection and migration, enabling the protection of data at branch offices
- Offsite cloning and backup solution — create a copy of VMs on the replication site for testing, backup or development, with no impact on the production environment
- Get application protection policy and QoS
- Leverage built-in support for VSS and VMware vApp objects
Complete BC/DR: Replication, Testing, Recovery, CDP, Migration, Reporting
Zerto eliminates the need to use multiple solutions for your business continuity and disaster recovery needs. All required workflows and functionality are built-in with easy-to-follow, scalable wizards, empowering you to:
- Recovery reports document execution of BC/DR processes, for easy auditing and reporting
- ‘test-before-you-commit’ function allows test of a specific failover point before committing it, enabling 100% assurance that failover will be successful
- Failover one or more VPGs through automated failback
- Recover to a historic point-in-time with journal-based CDP
- Recover applications instantly, in full read-write mode
- Test failover, including full remote recovery in a sandboxed zone
- Migrate workloads to a remote data center
- Monitor with Recovery Time Objective (RTO) reports documenting results of BC/DR tests
- Enhanced Alert Handling (Include applicable problem and resolution information
Zerto Offsite Backup increases the usefulness of data that is replicated for the purposes of business continuity and disaster recovery (BC/DR). A duplicate backup infrastructure is no longer required for backup, significantly reducing the overhead on the production environment. Zerto Virtual Replication extends the journal, which offers continuous data protection for up to 5 days worth of data, retaining daily, weekly, and monthly copies of data.
- Automate retention management, ensuring that the following is available at all times per Virtual Protection Group (VPG): Daily copies for the last week, Weekly copies for the last month, Monthly copies for the last year
- Configure backup start times and target repository
- Ensure backup or disaster recovery operations are executed as needed
- Review backups and retention times to ensure business requirements are met
- Configure reports to be sent on a daily or weekly basis to provide complete backup information
vCloud Director Integration
- vCloud 5.1 seamless integration including native support for vApps, Storage Profiles, Org Networks, Provider VDC and more
- Easily replicates between vSphere and vCloud environments
New! Cross Hypervisor Replication
Zerto Virtual Replication 4.0 introduces support for Microsoft Hyper-V & VMware vSphere which enables cross-hypervisor replication and recovery, an industry first. With automatic conversion of VMs, you no longer need to match hypervisors between your data centers.
Zerto’s cross-hypervisor replication helps:
- Remove barriers to innovation by leveraging the right hypervisor for any use case
- Migrate workloads fast to new IT infrastructure accelerating ROI new investments
- Maximize the business impact of new hardware with application migrations
New! Replication to AWS
Zerto Virtual Replication for Amazon Web Services (AWS) 1.0 is the industry’s first enterprise class disaster recovery solution from on-premise data centers to AWS. The product provides consistent and continuous replication of production workloads from VMware and Microsoft environments to AWS.
Zerto Virtual Replication for AWS 1.0 helps:
- Replace a large capital cost with a simple recurring expense
- Leverage AWS for production eliminating capital costs and obtain resources on demand
- Leverage AWS for test and development