BCDR for Private Clouds
BCDR in a Private Cloud environment refers to data protection and replication between two or more geographically separate sites, all under the control of an enterprise IT team and deployed as a private cloud.
Business Continuity Disaster Recovery Enabled by Zerto Virtual Replication
When considering adopting a private cloud paradigm, enterprises are looking to achieve a number of goals:
- Create a flexible and dynamic environment in which IT departments can grow, shrink and mobilize applications depending on needs and resources
- Increase utilization of entire IT infrastructure scattered around multiple geographical sites
- Maximize utilization rates and gain efficiencies across all available hardware, independent of vendor
- Leverage branch offices as business continuity disaster recovery sites
Zerto Virtual Replication: The Only BC/ DR Software Truly Built for Cloud Environments
In 2011, Zerto introduced the Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM), which provided one view of all customer (or department) resources and service levels across physical locations. ZVR now extends these capabilities providing CSPs and enterprises one pane of glass for management, orchestration, reporting and monitoring of BC/DR operations across multiple sites. Most companies investigate the cloud not only for increased flexibility and scalability in the production environment, but also because they expect BC/DR to be simplified. With Zerto Virtual Replication, it finally is.
- Multi-site: Protect applications between multiple sites on a single infrastructure
- Multi-tenant: Uses shared clusters and storage for protecting multiple applications from multiple locations
- Technology agnostic: Replicate between different storage technologies and VMWare versions
- Centralized management: Use a single console to manage and report on multiple sites and customers
- Automation: Failover, failback and testing are all automated in Zerto, both in vCenter and vCloud environments
- Deep VMWare vCloud Director (vCD) integration: vCD integration automates the protection, failover and failback of applications to and from vCD, all managed centrally
- Range of Service Levels: Zerto supports tier 1 applications with seconds of RPO and minutes of RTO, as well as tier 2 and tier 3 applications
- NEW! Offsite Backup – Zerto Offsite Backup uses information that is replicated for disaster recovery purposes and leverages it for a backup. It moves backup operations from the production environment to the replication site, dramatically reducing the overheard on production workloads. ZVR now enables backup to public clouds and disk shares.