Private Cloud DR, Replication, Offsite Backup, & Migrations
Private Cloud offers many benefits to organizations as it enables resources to be more effectively shared across the organization to optimize costs and to quickly meet business needs. A private cloud usually consists of multiple sites, major data centers and smaller branch offices, which are virtualized and presented to the business as a single environment. These resources can be deployed and used across the environment no matter the physical location of the assets.
Challenges arise in managing and protecting these environments as they usually have very different hardware sets and a mix of hypervisors. It is difficult to manage and migrate applications and data to ensure they are in the right location for business users. Usually, several tools that are operating within the hardware, hypervisor and application have to be coordinated to deliver application mobility and still another set of tools is required to ensure the application is fully protected with disaster recovery and backup.
How Zerto solves Private Cloud DR and mobility
Zerto Virtual Replication was built to operate in the hypervisor and to manage private clouds. The Zerto Cloud Manager provides a single pane of glass view of all IT assets across sites. This single view greatly simplifies management of IT resources as dependencies and other requirements are very obvious.
Zerto Virtual Replication delivers all the features required to provide a complete BC/DR solution in one simple to use software solution making it indispensable to organizations of any size that have embraced virtualization.
- Multi-site: Protect applications between multiple sites on a single infrastructure
- Multi-tenant: Uses shared clusters and storage for protecting multiple applications from multiple locations
- Technology agnostic: Replicate between different storage technologies and between VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V environments for maximum DR flexibility
- Centralized management: Use a single console to manage and report on multiple sites and customers
- Automation: Failover, failback and testing are all automated in Zerto, both in vCenter and vCloud environments
- Virtual Protection Groups: Encapsulate all the VMs and data which are part of an application and ensure the application and associated data are protected consistently, with write-order fidelity, while delivering simple and seamless application mobility.
- Deep VMware vCloud Director (vCD) integration: vCD integration automates the protection, failover and failback of applications to and from vCD, all managed centrally
- Range of Service Levels: Zerto supports tier 1 applications with DR featuring seconds of RPO and minutes of RTO, as well as tier 2 and tier 3 applications
- Always Recover: Zerto Offsite Backup uses information that is replicated for disaster recovery purposes and leverages it for backup. It moves backup operations from the production environment to the replication site, dramatically reducing the overhead on production workloads. ZVR now enables backup to public clouds and disk shares greatly simplifying private cloud backup.
Only Zerto Virtual Replication can deliver a complete private cloud data protection solution in one simple to use product. This removes the need for many different disaster recovery technologies and reduces complexity by not requiring different interfaces and skillsets to manage multiple solutions. Cost and risk are reduced by utilizing a single DR solution that does more than just DR, and flexibility is increased by being able to replicate from any storage to any storage, between multiple hypervisors in private clouds or for DRaaS to Zerto Cloud Service Providers and Amazon Web Services removing the need for hosting a physical DR site altogether.