DR to the Cloud
DR to the Cloud and Protecting Data in the Cloud
As a cloud service provider, your customers trust you with their most valuable asset, their business applications and data. They expect the cloud to provide them with all the data protection and disaster recovery options they need, including ensuring their business continuity in the case of the cloud itself malfunctioning. DR to the clould and in the cloud needs to be granular enough to enable protection of specific VMs, automate change and onboarding processes and enable flexible management of shared infrastructure.
Cloud Based Disaster Recovery from Zerto – The Cloud BC/DR Platform
Zerto Virtual Replication is an innovative hypervisor-based replication product, built to enable Cloud Service Providers to offer DR to the Cloud in cloud environments as well as virtualized environments. By moving replication from the storage level to the hypervisor, Zerto eliminates the constraints of storage-based technologies, achieving the flexibility and scalability your customers expect from the cloud, whether it is public, private or hybrid. Zerto also provides a robust replication solution which includes continuous data protection with the ability to retain backup copies at the target site.
Cloud Based Disaster Recovery Features in Zerto Virtual Replication Include:
- Multiple site support: Zerto supports bi-directional replication across as many sites as the infrastructure requires. Combining this feature with multi-tenancy delivers a true, cloud BCDR solution.
- Native multi-tenant architecture: With Zerto, replication from multiple sites to one shared infrastructure, without networking conflicts, is simple. Additionally, manage the entire environment with one management infrastructure – no duplicate entities are required – ensuring simplicity and flexibility.
- Hardware-agnostic replications: Zerto Virtual Replication is completely storage-agnostic and is able to replicate from any storage to any storage. This enables enterprises and CSPs to deliver BC/DR at a dramatically reduced price.
- Seamless integration with no environment changes: Zerto is installed in two hours or less and does not require any configuration changes.
- Centralized management: Independent of how many sites the enterprise has or how many customers the CSP has, Zerto is able to leverage a shared infrastructure. With Zerto, the CSP can report and act on all customer environment from a central console.
- Offsite Backup: ZVR uses information that is replicated for disaster recovery purposes and leverages it for backup. It moves backup operations from the production environment to the replication site, dramatically reducing the overhead on production workloads. ZVR also enables backup to public clouds and disk shares.
- Deep VMWare vCloud Director (vCD) integration: Zerto Virtual Replication is integrated with vCD and has full awareness of vCD entities, including virtual datacenters, vApps, networks, datastore settings and more. This integration enables and automates the protection, failover and failback of applications to and from vCD, all managed centrally.
- Zerto is built for scale: Whether the environment has a few VMs or thousands, Zerto can scale to effectively support it.
Contact us today to learn why top cloud providers choose Zerto for their business continuity and disaster recovery needs.