Cloud DR – Overview
Introducing Zerto Virtual Replication 3.0 – Disaster Recovery for Public and Hybrid Clouds
Zerto Virtual Replication enables production workloads to easily leverage the benefits of hybrid clouds and public clouds by automating the ongoing management and maintenance of customer environments. True cloud disaster recovery – with production workload mobility between private and public clouds – is now possible with ZVR 3.0. As disaster recovery is an onramp for enterprises into the cloud, cloud DR is an essential piece of CSP service offerings, and is driving wider cloud adoption.
Features for Cloud Service Providers Looking to Offer Disaster Recovery:
- Single automated solution that provides data protection and workload mobility both ‘to the cloud’ and ‘in the cloud’
- Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM) manages customer resources and service levels across physical locations and provides a single, centralized view.
- Zerto Self-Service Portal (ZSSP) quickly integrates into existing CSP portals to speed the availability of DR services to customers with a 100% multi-tenant solution, so each customer controls only their own workloads
- Service profiles (or SLA Templates) enable CSPs to define service offerings based on the recovery objectives of their customers
- All of the core technology and functionality (full list below) of Zerto’s earlier product versions, including software-only, simple and fully virtual-aware disaster recovery.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery for the Cloud Era
Enterprises of all sizes are looking for the cloud, be it public, hybrid or private, to become part of their BC/DR solution. However, Cloud Service Providers still have a significant technology gap to bridge if they want to offer cloud disaster recovery solutions to their customers.
Cloud DR Solutions
Zerto Virtual Replication is the industry’s first hypervisor-based replication solution, a new replication technology purpose-built for virtual environments. Zerto offers cloud providers all the features and functionality required for building an enterprise-class, cloud-based Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) offering, including:
- 100% VM aware – replicates specific VMs regardless of LUNs
- Multi-site – ability to support multiple customers with one instance of Zerto Virtual Replication
- Multi-tenant architecture – with full integration into VMware vCloud Director enabling simplified and centralized management while ensuring security
- Array agnostic – replicates from any storage to any storage
- Software only – no capital expenditures, no changes to environment
- Remote, simple install – installs in hours without onsite support
- vCloud Director integration – seamlessly protects and recovers vApps
- Automated recovery – one-click recovery, including VM/vApp creation and network configuration
- Comprehensive testing – automated, immediate failover testing and validation
- vCenter to vCloud replication – replicates between vCenter and vCloud environments
- Enterprise-class BC/DR and CDP – continuous replication, low RTO/RPO and journal-based, point-in-time recovery
- Full API – integrates with proprietary cloud management systems
- Workload migration – migrates workloads to the cloud and in the cloud
- WAN optimization – built-in WAN compression and application policies