Zerto Partners with IBM to Provide Data Protection for IBM’s Resiliency Orchestration DRaaS Solution
LAS VEGAS – March 20, 2018 – Zerto, an industry leader for IT Resilience, today announced at IBM Think 2018 that it is partnering with IBM Services to provide the replication engine behind IBM’s unique resiliency orchestration solution. Specifically, Zerto IT Resilience Platform™ will be available to IBM customers through the IBM Resiliency Orchestration DRaaS solution for simplified, rapid recovery of virtual infrastructure.
IBM’s Resiliency Orchestration DRaaS Solution stands as a unique offering to help organizations recover all of their virtual and physical workloads, whether running on an IBM mainframe, IBM Power AIX, IBM System I, SUN Solaris or HP-UX system, and to ensure coordinated application recovery throughout. This is significant, as the offering automates the workflow of disaster recovery for a customer’s complete heterogeneous environment to provide a more predictable, simplified and always-on operation that leads to reduced risk, cost, testing and recovery time.
IBM Resiliency Orchestration is for disaster recovery and cyber resiliency, and is available on customer premises, IBM Cloud and IBM resiliency data centers. It is available as both software and a managed service. The offering has the capability to include Zerto’s replication technology, the complete VMware stack and the end-to-end IBM managed services using IBM’s Resiliency Orchestration tool, all in a single dashboard.
The IBM Resiliency Orchestration solution, with replication technology by Zerto, aims to:
- Simplify disaster recovery operations
- Ensure disaster recovery readiness on-premise and/or across multiple clouds
- Reduce complexity and risk
- Save time with smarter automation
- Improve reporting and BCDR testing across systems
- Enable a lifecycle approach to recovery
“With the help of Zerto’s replication technology, IBM customers can quickly recover their virtualized workloads regardless of the underlying technologies. The combined solution helps solve many IT resilience challenges that enterprise organizations face when working with legacy applications that take advantage of virtual and physical infrastructure.”
- Mehran Hadipour, Director of Global Business Development, Zerto
“Simplicity across the hybrid IT landscape is a crucial component of the IBM Resiliency Orchestration solution, and it is well-known for its ease of use and viability in a client’s recovery posture. Many of our enterprise clients are looking for a provider to manage their complete DR environment, which often includes multiple clouds and underlying technologies like mainframes or other physical devices. By partnering with Zerto, we’re able to use best-of-breed continuous availability to give our customers exactly what they’re looking for in a simple and seamless model.”
- Daniel Witteveen, Vice President, Global Portfolio, IBM Resiliency Services
- Zerto and IBM will be showcasing this solution at the IBM Think conference this week. Zerto can be found at booth #243 where attendees can also learn about the ability to bi-directionally replicate to and from IBM Cloud with Zerto’s IT Resilience Platform.
- Zerto and IBM will also be presenting together at the show; How a Global Insurance provider Delivers Coverage with IBM Cloud and Zerto. Zerto and IBM will discuss how a top global insurance provider chose Zerto to migrate myriad workloads to provide unmatched performance and a pay-for-use cost model. The session will take place on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 11:30 a.m. in Lagoon C; session ID: 9057A.
Zerto helps customers accelerate IT transformation by eliminating the risk and complexity of modernization and cloud adoption. By replacing multiple legacy solutions with a single IT Resilience Platform, Zerto is changing the way disaster recovery, data protection and cloud are managed. With enterprise scale, Zerto’s software platform delivers continuous availability for an always-on customer experience while simplifying workload mobility to protect, recover and move applications freely across hybrid and multi-clouds. Zerto is trusted by over 6,000 customers globally and is powering resiliency offerings for Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, AWS, Sungard AS and more than 350 cloud services providers.