On Sunday 8th January Zerto made Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR) 5.0 U1 generally available. With this update comes support for VMware vSphere 6.5 and VMware VSAN 6.5. This is a key release for customers that are planning on upgrading their VMware environment to the latest vSphere version. This means that within a very quick turnaround Zerto has again released support for a major new vSphere version, as was the case with 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5 and 6.0.
ZVR 5.0 U1 is the now only solution that supports multi-VM consistency groupings for VMs on VSAN 6.5, making the combination a compelling, scalable and enterprise-class alternative to any traditional storage architecture. VSAN 6.5 can be leveraged for both production or recovery site storage with support for replication from anything to anything, RPOs in seconds, RTOs in minutes and automated any point in time recovery.
Following is a summary of the new features and improvements in ZVR 5.0 U1:
• vSphere 6.5 support
• VSAN 6.5 & VSAN 6.2 support
• Automatically re-IP address Linux VMs in Hyper-V (RedHat, Oracle, CentOS)
• Host remediation support for VUM (in addition to host maintenance mode support in ZVR 5.0)
• One-To-Many replication user warning improvements on failover of multi-VPG VMs
• Improved VRA deployment in Hyper-V environments
For existing customers, ZVR 5.0 U1 is available today as an in-place upgrade available from www.zerto.com/MyZerto. For new prospects the latest version will be available as a free trial soon and I will update this blog post as soon as it is available. I hope you enjoy the new version as much as I will!