2019: A Monumental Year for Zerto Managed Service Providers
In 2019, the Zerto IT Resilience platform™ released two major versions and several updates focused on expanding and deepening the capabilities of the platform. Many of the core innovations arm Zerto’s Managed Service Providers (MSPs) with new capabilities to bolster use cases and drive more business globally.
Let’s look at how Zerto’s year of innovation in 2019 drives incremental value for Managed Service Providers:
Zerto 7.0 – A new era of data protection: converged DR & backup
During the first half of the year, we released Zerto 7.0, a milestone version that began the journey towards converged disaster recovery and backup. This marked Zerto’s evolution from a BC/DR solution to an IT Resilience Platform™ by providing a way for organizations to eliminate cost and redundancy in their data protection solutions. Zerto 7.0 expanded upon it’s core replication-based and journaling technology to solve for backup use cases without introducing the pitfalls associated with traditional backup: snapshots that leave time gaps, inconsistent recovery, failed backups, etc.
This provides you, as Managed Service Providers, the ability to expand your protection scope for your end users and bring the Zerto performance you know and love to a new use case: backup. Introducing:
- Long-term retention: A unique Elastic Journal combines the powerful granular journal technology with long-term retention repositories to provide a continuous stream of recovery points, with search and recovery across data, files or VMs, from any point in time whether it’s seven seconds ago, seven years ago or more.
- Intelligent Index & Search: Users can quickly find files or folders and reduce the risk of data loss, saving valuable IT resources’ time to focus on proactive initiatives instead of managing complex tasks such as restoring entire VMs to find individual files or folders.
- Data Protection Workflows: Automate recovery from any point in time ensuring application consistency across repositories for both short-term and long-term data retention.
Also, Zerto 7.0 brought forward a refreshed interface, streamlining the management experience to be more intuitive and scalable, facilitating the use for you, our MSPs, along with your end users.
Zerto 7.5: Raising the bar for continuous data protection with cloud agility, enhanced security and platform updates
Continuing the series of updates, we later released Zerto 7.5, bringing more capabilities and opportunities for MSPs.
With this, Zerto announced deeper integrations with Microsoft Azure and HPE StoreOnce Catalyst, including:
- Support for Azure Premium Managed Disks for MSPs utilizing the public cloud. This enables fail back from Azure Managed Disks to and from the cloud, helping you unlock the value of Azure.
- Managed Disks to deliver improved flexibility, performance and capabilities for your Zerto-protected VMs in Azure.
- Further integration with Azure VM Scale Sets for MSPs to experience best-in class recovery performance and scalability with Azure’s native VM scale sets to support ongoing replication.
- Full Integration with HPE StoreOnce Catalyst. Zerto 7.5 furthers this convergence with integration with HPE StoreOnce Catalyst that delivers source-side deduplication for more efficient use of storage and network resources. This adds more efficiency and flexibility for users looking to use HPE StoreOnce as a long-term repository to converge disaster recovery and backup.
The year 2019 marked the importance of our IT resilience journey with our Managed Service Providers. For 2020, we’re focused on delivering deeper integrations, platform innovation, scalability and the best customer experience for both providers and tenants. Stay tuned!
For more information, visit our Zerto Alliance Partner portal.