AVS Continues the Strong Partnership Between Zerto and Microsoft
Cloud data management and protection with an Azure lining. We like it. We think you’ll like it too.
Since last year, Zerto and Microsoft have partnered to build support for Azure VMware Solution into Zerto’s IT Resilience Platform™. Last week at Microsoft Ignite, the new AVS became generally available and Zerto is one of the partners included in the announcement. We participated in the new AVS preview, and we are impressed with the secure operation of the VMware environment, and we are continuously working with Microsoft to make our product available on the new version of AVS in the near future.
“Zerto and Azure have long been an ideal combination for businesses accelerating cloud adoption and looking to simplify data protection and disaster recovery (DR). Now, with Microsoft’s new AVS release, customers will be able to use Zerto to replicate and protect VMs into the cloud and within the cloud, with the same seamless experience they have on premise. Users can replicate and recover into AVS in under two hours, providing the ability to implement a real-time, enterprise DR solution in less time than it takes to watch a movie. It’s fast, it’s easy to manage, and it’s a great platform for disaster recovery and data protection for hybrid cloud deployments,” said Gil Levonai, CMO and SVP of Product at Zerto.
AVS has key benefits for Zerto customers:
- The Azure VMware Solution is deployed and operated on dedicated cloud infrastructure in Azure.
- The Azure VMware Solution is VMware Cloud Certified and runs VMware’s Cloud Provider Stack which consists of vSphere, vSAN, and NSX-T.
- Each customer of the Azure VMware Solution configures a dedicated private cloud in the fully managed, bare metal Azure infrastructure. Customer connectivity includes Azure ExpressRoute as well as encryption of data at rest and in transit.
- Workloads in the Azure VMware Solution have the benefit of multi-layered security provided by Microsoft across physical datacenters, infrastructure, and operations in Azure.
Zerto + AVS = A Powerful Platform
Together, Zerto and AVS provide a robust, agile platform for a variety of uses:
- Disaster Recovery – Protect and recover an entire VMware-based data center into Azure VMware Solution, with no modifications to the VMs or management tools.
- Migration – Replicate, test, then migrate VMware-based application groups to AVS, without the need to retrain VMware experts on Azure.
- Complex VMware-based Applications – Make Azure AVS a DR target or migrate applications which are not suitable for the public cloud or require the higher performance of dedicated hardware. Alternately, DR or migrate applications into “native” Azure to optimize cost/performance. Zerto makes testing both platforms simple.
Our partnership with the AVS team has yielded great results for our customers. We anticipate even more when Zerto integration with the combined solution becomes available to our customers.
For more information on Zerto’s support of the Azure VMware Solution, please see https://www.zerto.com/modernize/azure/