Zerto Introduces an Industry Leading IT Resilience Platform for Multi-Cloud with Virtual Replication 6.0
Zerto Virtual Replication 6.0 offers a single platform for disaster recovery, data protection and workload mobility to, from and between multiple clouds
BOSTON – Feb. 6, 2018 – Zerto, an industry leader for IT Resilience, today announced availability of Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR) 6.0, a new IT Resilience platform built uniquely for multi-cloud. ZVR 6.0 provides inter-cloud and intra-cloud workload mobility and protection between Azure, IBM Cloud, AWS and more than 350 cloud service providers (CSPs), giving IT organizations the ground-breaking ability to move to, from and between any combination of clouds. By combining continuous replication, automated orchestration and enterprise-class scalability in a single platform, ZVR 6.0 dramatically accelerates multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud adoption.
“In the age of digital transformation, Zerto customers’ cloud strategies are constantly evolving, and our ability to offer bi-directional support between Azure, IBM Cloud, AWS and hundreds of CSP offerings, all in one platform, meets their needs,” said Ziv Kedem, CEO, Zerto. “With the new ability to go to, from and between multiple clouds, Zerto Virtual Replication 6.0 provides customers with the control, agility and protection they need to embrace a multi-cloud strategy.”
ZVR 6.0 provides:
- Multi-cloud mobility – Expanding the bi-directional support, ZVR 6.0 enables customers to mobilize and protect applications and data between Azure, IBM Cloud, AWS and more than 350 CSPs. With inter-cloud and intra-cloud mobility across multiple cloud environments, Zerto makes it easy for businesses to be fully protected, while mobilizing applications and data workloads to, from and between multiple clouds. This capability provides full and complete public cloud-to-public cloud disaster recovery and prevents organizations from being locked in to cloud vendors.
- Enhanced data protection – ZVR 6.0 includes enhancements to long-term retention that reduces the dependency and expense of using traditional backups for protecting workloads. Specifically, enhanced journal file level restores support file-level recovery in both Linux EXT and Windows file systems which equates to faster restore times. Combined with Zerto’s continuous data protection, replication and automated orchestration, customers now have the flexibility to rethink their data protection strategy to reduce costs and complexity, and increase productivity.
- Visibility through analytics – Zerto Analytics has been enhanced in ZVR 6.0 to give customers visibility into the health and compliance of protected multi-site, multi-cloud environments. Enhancements include expanded dashboards with new live network analysis reports for troubleshooting and optimization, insights into network throughput and performance, the ability to monitor site-to-site and outbound traffic and 30 days of network history metrics for any site.
- Cloud manageability for CSPs – ZVR 6.0 includes enhanced support for CSPs who offer DRaaS by adding a new service – the Zerto CSP Management Portal. Through this portal, CSPs will be able to remotely upgrade customer sites to provide them with continuous availability and latest software releases.
“Our customers are experiencing the challenges that come with cloud adoption and digital transformation. Even with increased adoption, many of the companies we work with are still in need of solutions to help them implement cloud in the best way for their business. In some cases, they need cloud platforms in specific regions that also offer bandwidth scalability. Zerto Virtual Replication 6.0 on IBM Cloud does just that, and we’re excited to share the platform with our customers and help them fully embrace the cloud with the reassurance that their data is always protected. Partnering with Zerto, IBM Cloud is solving the IT resiliency challenges around complexity, security and mobility.”
- Zeb Ahmed, Senior Offering Manager, VMware on IBM Cloud
“As we continue to update our infrastructure and find the cloud environment that is the right fit for our business, we’re thrilled to have Zerto to rely on. With Zerto, the migrations that we’ve done have been so simple and seamless, and knowing our data is protected gives us peace of mind. On top of that, we’re excited to incorporate Zerto’s new multi-cloud capabilities to drive our future roadmap and ultimately provide better service to our customers.”
- Tim Tweten, IT manager, Logo Brands
“Over 90% of enterprise-scale organizations plan to make use of multiple clouds in the next several years. With ZVR 6.0, Zerto significantly expands its ability to help organizations manage and protect these complex environments. Customer reliance on platforms which provide continuous availability, data protection and workload mobility will be an essential part of many organization’s multi-cloud deployment strategy.”
- Andrew Smith, senior research analyst, Storage Software, IDC
Zerto helps customers accelerate IT transformation by eliminating the risk and complexity of modernization and cloud adoption. By replacing multiple legacy solutions with a single IT Resilience Platform, Zerto is changing the way disaster recovery, data protection and cloud are managed. With enterprise scale, Zerto’s software platform delivers continuous availability for an always-on customer experience while simplifying workload mobility to protect, recover and move applications freely across hybrid and multi-clouds. Zerto is trusted by over 6,000 customers globally and is powering resiliency offerings for Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, AWS, Sungard and more than 350 cloud services providers.