ZERTO FIELD NOTICE FTN-20200312: End of Support for Selected Platforms in Next Release of Zerto Virtual Replication
Viewed 105 times
Field Technical Notice: FTN-20200312
ZVR Versions Affected:
- Zerto 8 and onward
DescriptionThe next release of Zerto Virtual Replication does not support the following platforms:
- VMware vCenter version 5.5 and VMware ESXi version 5.5
- VMware virtual machine hardware versions 7, 8, 9
- vCloud Director 9.0
- Windows Server 2008 for the ZVM operating system
- CentOS 5 for re-ip support on vSphere
- Microsoft System Center Virtualization Manager 2012 and Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012
BackgroundThe above releases are end of support by the platform vendors:
- The affected versions of vSphere and vCloud Director are listed on VMware’s unsupported product list as outlined in this VMware Knowledge Base article: https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/support/product-lifecycle-matrix.pdf.
- The affected versions of Microsoft Server, System Center and Hyper-V Server are listed on Microsoft’s product lifecycle as end of support: https://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search
Solution DetailsPrior to upgrading or installing the next release of Zerto, please upgrade to a supported release from VMware. The Zerto document Upgrading Zerto Virtual Replication has guidelines for upgrading VMware components.
If you are using the external database on the Zerto Virtual Manager, then please upgrade to a supported version of the SQL Server as described in the Zerto Interoperability Matrix before upgrading or installing the next release of Zerto.