The solution below is intended for Enterprise Customers Only, not for CSPs or DRaaS customers at this time.
The procedure to perform an export and import of ZVM settings is detailed below. Please make sure you have read through the entire procedure prior to applying it:
NOTE: Export the VPG settings from ZVM dashboard
- Export the Zerto Virtual Replication settings via the Zerto Diagnostics utility on the old ZVM Windows machine. This will generate an ExportedSettings XML file containing ZVM information and settings.
- Transfer the ExportedSettings file to the new ZVM Windows machine.
- Log into the old ZVM and delete the VPGs while keeping the target disks.
- On the old ZVM, un-pair the sites from each other and uninstall the VRAs.
- Uninstall Zerto Virtual Replication from the old ZVM.
- Install Zerto Virtual Replication on the new ZVM.
- Log into the new ZVM and pair the sites.
- Re-install the VRAs on the new ZVM.
- In order to capture the Site ID of the new ZVM, Please create a new dummy / test VPG protecting a Virtual Machine that was not previously protected on the old ZVM. Export the Zerto Virtual Replication settings via the Zerto Diagnostics utility on the new ZVM Windows machine. This will generate an ExportedSettings XML file containing ZVM information and settings.
- Open the ExportedSettings file on the new ZVM, that was transferred in step 2 and search for the string "LocalSiteId". Following this will be a "SiteGuid" tag, containing the site ID for the old ZVM.
- Update the ExportedSettings file from step 2 with the new ZVM site ID obtained in step 9. Replace the Site ID from the old ZVM, with the new ZVM Site ID.
- Save the changes.
- Import the system settings to the new ZVM via the Zerto Diagnostics utility.
As this procedure includes uninstalling Zerto Virtual Replication and exporting the system settings, it is recommended to contact Zerto Support for any questions or misunderstanding prior to beginning this procedure.