How to Upgrade Zerto when Using External SQL Server with Always On Enabled
Viewed 429 times
While Zerto's ZVM can operate from an external database and is placed in an Always On Availability Group with Synchronous-commit Mode (Asynchronous-commit Mode is currently not supported), upgrades being performed prior to version 8.5 with this configuration is not supported.
See the latest Interoperability Matrix for more details. Synchronous-commit Mode is supported starting in 8.5, but Asynchronous-commit Mode is not supported.
Prior to attempting a ZVM Install/Upgrade with the above mentioned configuration prior to Zerto version 8.5, kindly follow these steps:
- Change the connection string within the storage_properties.xml file found within Zerto's installation folder from a Listener IP to an SQL node IP. This string is found under "m_server". Note: Make sure to copy the current value of "m_server" first as it will need to be reverted afterwards.
- Delete/Remove Always On configuration.
- Perform the install/upgrade as normal.
- Re-define Always On configuration.
- Change the connection string from Step 1 above back to the original value which should be the Listener IP.