How to Install and use zPlanner
Viewed 429 times
Zerto Planner can help the customers get an estimate of the resources needed for replication.
How to install:
- Download the latest install binaries from MyZerto.
- Install the binaries into the vCenter environment.
- Configure Zerto - There is no need to install VRA’s, only the ZVM.
- For licencing please contact your account team for a trial licence.
- Allow the ZVM to run and collect statistics and data
- Once Zerto is reporting to analytics, wait for desired period of time – the longer you leave the ZVM the more accurate the data will become.
- Log into a Zerto Analytics using your normal account.
- Navigate to Planner tab.
- Select “VM Selection” button.
- Select source site from dropdown list.
- Select which VM’s the customer requires for Zerto planning.
- Choose target platform from dropdown list.
- Click save to see results
- Bandwidth – average bandwidth requirements to replicate.
- Total Journal Size – Total size of journal files for 24hr period.
- Recovery Disk Size – Total size of recovery disks to be stored.
- ZCA* - The number of ZCA recommended for the customer for public cloud environments