How to Configure Zerto Tools for Linux to Properly Failover and Back to AWS
Viewed 1281 times
For some Linux distributions to Failover to AWS and back properly (see Interoperability Matrix), Zerto Tools for Linux will need to be executed on each necessary protected VM ahead of a DR Operation.
To configure Zerto Tools for Linux on each necessary Linux VM, follow the below steps:
- Download the Zerto Tools for Linux script from MyZerto -> Support & Downloads -> Software Downloads -> Tools.
- On the protected Linux VMs, make a new directory via command:
- mkdir <directory name>
- Extract the Zerto Tools for Linux ZIP file and transfer all files to this newly created directory on all required Linux VMs.
- Now, change directory to the newly made directory you made in Step 2 via command:
- cd <directory name>
- Run command ls to list out all files in the directory and ensure all of the files that you transferred to this directory are there.
- The ZertoTools.sh file must have executable permissions. We can do this by running command:
- chmod +x ZertoTools.sh
- The script can now be executed by running the following command from inside this same directory:
- Review for any errors or warnings printed to the screen and address them as needed. Otherwise, look for "Operation successfully completed!" at the end to ensure the script was successful.
- Repeat the above for all necessary Linux VMs you need to Failover/Move to AWS.
- If performing Failover, await a checkpoint to select with a timestamp from after all script executions have succeeded.