This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Amy M June 7, 2018.

hyper-v to vmware conversions not booting

• seems that boot device/order is lost for both windows and linux VM when attempting to move them from hyper-v to vmware.  anyone seen this or could point me to any documentation about troubleshooting this?

Hi Chris,

I have brought this issue up with the product and engineering team internally.  I will respond here as soon as I get a response back from them.

In the meantime, please open a ticket with support if this issue is affecting your business’ SLAs.

Thank you and stay tuned!

Hi Chris,

Certain boot types require that the connection order (scsi 0:1, 0:2 , etc) be maintained for the boot order to remain in tact.

You can try manually changing the order or the disks on the vm.  I believe this issue is currently under review with support.

Thank you,

Hi Ryan, is this now resolved in the latest version of Zerto Virtual Replication?

Hi Bruce,

I am checking if this issue has been resolved with support.  I do believe we had a similar case and the customer was able to resolve the issue by modifying the VMX file on the failed over VM in the manners specified in this kb article:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2011654

I hope this helps! 

I may be coming to this party a little late, but we’re seeing this same issue when going from Hyper-V to Vmware, is there a document somewhere which dictates the supported Hypervisor versions and Zerto versions? Our environment is using Zerto 5.5U3 and the Hyper-V environment is 2012 R2 and the ESX version being failed over to is 6.5. When was it fixed in Zerto?

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login