• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated February 7, 2020 by Bar A.

Zerto with NSX-T and N-VDS Switches

• Posted on behalf of Håvard E:

A quick question regarding Zerto, VMware NSX-T and N-VDS switches;

We are today using NSX-V with Zerto, but we are now in the middle of a project with a migration over to NSX-T and N-VDS switches. (NSX Virtual Distributed Switch)
    We cannot find any related documents which describes whether Zerto does support NSX-T and N-VDS or not.
    What is the official statement regarding this?

Hi Havard,

Network architecture leveraging NSX-T shouldn’t be an issue, as long as you are running Zerto 6.5u2 or higher, and follow our Anti-NAT policy and port forwarding schematics.

Hope this helps

Bar A,

After looking at the most recent revision of the ZVM admin guide (link) I do not see any information regarding NSX-T or N-VDS support. Even though you say it “shouldn’t be an issue” is there some formal documentation regarding this? Before I roll out N-VDS switching in my data center I would like to be absolutely sure this will not have any negative impact to Zerto replication.

Tagged: 

Hello Mike,

Sorry for not referencing the document,

Feel free to review our Matrix for compatibility queries:
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/Latest/Zerto%20Virtual%20Replication%20Operability%20Matrix.pdf

You can see on page 12 vSphere features.

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login