• This topic has 31 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated November 7, 2019 by Amy M.

Vsphere 6.7U2 Support

• Does Zerto support vSphere 6.7U2 yet?

Hi Chris,

Not yet you can check the latest supported versions here. http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/Latest/Zerto%20Virtual%20Replication%20Operability%20Matrix.pdf

Bob

Thanks Robert. I found it, just took a minute. Guess the next question is when will Zerto support 6.7U2?

Hi Chris,

Our objective is to support a new vSphere release within 90 days of release.   As this was released on April 12th, we are planning the testing now.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

So.. I accidently udpated my host to 6.7 update 2 (using vmware update manager), any chance I can get zerto to work with this version? Or do I have to downgrade again?

There is a file located in the Zerto Installation Folder (C:\Program Files\Zerto\Zerto Virtual Replication\supported_updates.txt) which crosschecks the supported ESXi / Hyper-V versions.
    You can edit this file manually and add “ESX_67 2” to the file. But this method is AFAIK not supported by Zerto.

Updating a ZVM to Support Zerto-Approved Host Releases Prior to a Full ZVR Update

Thank you Tobias!!

Thank you. I attempted this change and it now shows as supported under the matrix but the VRA installs and/or upgrades still fail. Is anyone else having this same issue? Thanks.

You might be having trouble because your host has hardware version 15.  vSphere 6.7U2 has a new hardware version (15) and Zerto doesn’t support hardware version 15 yet.  We are testing vSphere 6.7 U2 and hardware version 15 in our lab.  Until we complete our testing, we don’t support vSphere 6.7 U2.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

We had to run update manager as well, unknown to us, it was version up to 6.7u2,  Zertos now broken, however VMWare fixed a bug,  well i guess will have to wait, the 90days to replicated again.

We are testing an update to Zerto 6.5 and Zerto 7.0 that supports vSphere 6.7U2.  We are targeting to release these updates by the end of May.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Platform Product Manager

Note: When editing the “supported_updates.txt” file, just change the 1 in the string “ESX67 1” to a 2. Adding in the string “ESX67 2” does not work.

I am also in a situation where I need to be able to use 6.7u2. So far I have it on one host and I am testing with a test VM in a test VPG. If things do not work, I will post an update.

Thank you Amy for the updates. I look forward to the official support!

Amy and Zerto Team,

This is honestly unacceptable, that Zerto as a company who’s main focus is on VMWare does not coordinate with VMWare to test and patch their software before vmware releases their updates.  I find it a huge failure on Zertos behalf as you should be completely in sync with VMWare and its release cycles for patches and supporting all of them if not immediately when they are released then within a week or 2. 90 days is honestly ridiculous as that’s a quarter of the year.  So for a quarter of a year we either cant use the zerto product or have issue in our VMWare environment because critical patches that need to be installed cant be installed because it will break replication.  Then Zerto should provide a refund for the yearly support if we cant use their product for 3 months.  I know this is not possible but I hope you understand my point.  Zerto needs to get on the ball.

Thank you for the comments.  We had to make code changes for vSphere 6.7U2 due to there being a new hardware version.  VMware typically doesn’t provide early versions of updates to 3rd parties.  We are planning to release an update to Zerto 6.5 and Zerto 7.0 by the end of May that supports vSphere 6.7U2.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Platform Product Manager

in what situation is the VRA upgrade actually failing? Is it failing even though no HW version 15 VMs are used? So, is it failing in any situation where 6.7 update 2 is used on the host?

I’m curious to see if it would work if i would limit the HW version the VM can use to v14 max.

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login