VGP Failover Test

• Hello everyone: I’m trying to create a power shell script to be able to do a failover test of several VPG’s that can be read from a csv file the name of each VPG that I need to test. If anyone can help me or guide me with this, please. Thanks for the help.

To failover VPGs (Virtual Protection Groups) in Zerto using PowerShell, you can use the following steps:

1. First, you will need to install the Zerto PowerShell module. To do this, open a PowerShell window and run the following command:

Install-Module -Name Zerto -Scope CurrentUser

1. Next, you will need to import the Zerto PowerShell module and authenticate to your Zerto environment. To do this, run the following commands:

Import-Module Zerto

Connect-Zvm -ZvmIPAddress “zvm_ip_address” -UserName “username” -Password “password”

1. Once you are authenticated, you can use the Get-ZertoVpg cmdlet to retrieve a list of VPGs in your environment. You can filter this list by VPG name using the -Name parameter.

$vpgs = Get-ZertoVpg -Name “vpg_name”

1. To failover a VPG, you can use the Start-ZertoVpgFailover cmdlet. This cmdlet has several options that you can use to control the failover process, such as -AsTest, -DeleteRecoveryVpg, and -Rollback.
    Start-ZertoVpgFailover -Vpg $vpgs -AsTest
    1. If you have a list of VPG names in a CSV file, you can use the Import-Csv cmdlet to read the file and loop through the VPG names. Here’s an example of how you could do this:

$vpgNames = Import-Csv -Path “C:\path\to\vpgs.csv”

foreach ($vpgName in $vpgNames) {
    $vpg = Get-ZertoVpg -Name $vpgName.Name
    Start-ZertoVpgFailover -Vpg $vpg -AsTest
    }

This code will read the CSV file, retrieve the VPG object for each VPG name, and then start a test failover for each VPG.

Regards

Chris

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login