This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Babak S December 23, 2017.

Can zerto exclude file or path during replication

• Dear all

Hi

i want to know can zerto exclude file or path during replication for linux vm ?

for example i have a linux vm now i want replicate this vm but don’t want replicate this path :

/etc/sys-config/network-script/ifcfg-eth0

can do it?

Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR) works at the hypervisor or platform layer and protects the whole VM and all its disks. It does not work at the guest OS file layer. The hypervisors and platforms supported today with ZVR 5.5 are VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure. Please see the MyZerto Technical Documentation section for more information.

If you are trying to exclude ifcfg-eth0 because you want a different network configuration on VM recovery during a test or disaster, please know that ZVR can execute network reconfiguration as part of the VM recovery plan, so excluding that path would not be needed.

so thanks

but that path was an example i have many vms that there are different applications on them and there are a few config file on those that in config files had to insert ip adress i wanted replicate my vms with zerto and exclude that files

can zerto help me ?

BR

I believe Zerto can help. ZVR supports script execution on recovery. For a basic example, you could have a bash script that changes a config file. I can have your local Zerto team reach out to you to discuss if you wish?

in above post you said : “ZVR can execute network reconfiguration as part of the VM recovery plan”

can zerto replicate LINUX vm and up it on drsite without run script ??

BR

Zerto can replicate any VM on vSphere or Hyper-V. The guest OS does not matter for replication.

The guest operating system does matter for network reconfiguration. The ZVR interoperability matrix which lists the versions of Linux that ZVR can execute IP reconfiguration against without a script can be found at http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/Latest/Zerto%20Virtual%20Replication%20Operability%20Matrix.pdf

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login