• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated February 23, 2022 by Ben N.

Zerto 9.0U1 compatibility with Center 7.0 Update 3

• Dear Team

I am about to evaluate Zerto 9.0U1, I need to just reconfirm that this version is compatible with Center 7.0 Update 3,

Hi Noorul,

In my lab, ZVR 9.0 U1 works with vCenter Server 7.0 U3.
    But ESXi 7.0 U3 is not compatible with ZVR 9.0 U1(failed to deploy VRA), so you must use ESXi 7.0 U2 instead.

Off course, try it at your own risk because official documents has no description about vCenter Server/ESXi 7.0 U3.

Regards,

would be good to see this back ported to 8.5u4p1 quite often its just because its not added to a supported version within zerto which prevents this.

Thanks, Naoki K and Daniel S.  hope we can expect official documentation  update on this

hello any update on the esxi 7.0 u3 compatibility?

Tagged: 

Don’t upgrade to VMWare 7.0 U3.  We did vcenter and some hosts on VMWare’s recommendation.  Now we aren’t able to replicate with Zerto 9.0U2.  Zerto’s reply is that we need to take our hosts back to VMware 7.0U2.

If i have missed it, apologies.  When is there going to be an update to support 7.0 u3?

VMware just announced the release of 7.0 U3c.  When can we expect Zerto to Support it. within 90 days?

I had to update my ESXi to 7.0 U3 because of security compliance, now I cannot replicate my VMs between my datacenters. I spoke to support and they still have no answer when will Zerto be compatible with ESXi 7.0 U3. Zerto please get us an update when would this be available?

Has anyone taken VCenter to the most recent 7.0 u3c (7.0.3.00300) while leaving the esxi hosts on 7.0 u2?  Are you on the latest Zerto version, or 9.0 u2 p1?  Any issues?

Hello All,
    Ben from Zerto support here.

Information about Zerto’s compatibility with vendor software version can be found in our Interoperability Matrix.
    Pages 8-9 of the Matrix state vCenter 7.0.3 + ESXi 7.0.2 are supported, and that ESXi 7.0.3, released only two weeks ago, is not supported as of yet.

Have a nice day

Hey Ben. Given that this release covers a number of security patches (https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2022-0004.html), will we have to wait the full 90 days, or will this be out soon?

We updated to 7.0.3, not realizing that only vCenter vs vSphere was supported at that level. And now our replication is completely broken.

Can we get an ETA on when Zerto will support 7.0.3? Otherwise we are looking at downgrading our cluster– which will be a giant mess.

Same issue here.

Security department required CVE’s patched, now Zerto vra’s don’t work.

Hello all,
    Ben from Zerto support here.

Zerto version 9.0 update 3 patch 2 is currently in late QA testing phase.
    My colleague, Justin, has provided an elaborate response on the subject in a similar forum thread found here.

Thank you for your patience and have a nice day

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login