• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated April 23, 2018 by Sean M.

vSphere 6.7

• When can we expect a vSphere 6.7 compatibile version?

Ivor,

According to VMware: “VMware vSphere 6.7 and VMware vSAN 6.7 are both expected to become available by the end of VMware’s Q1 FY19 (May 4, 2018).”

The Zerto official interoperability statement can be found in the document “Interoperability Matrix” on the MyZerto Technical Documentation page. It states:

“Zerto will support new platforms, management tools and hosts listed in this document within 90 days of the general availability
    of a new platform release.”

As long as the vSphere 6.7 GA release date of May 4, 2018 doesn’t change you can expect Zerto to have support for VMware vSphere 6.7 on or before August 1st, 2018.

Regards,

Sean Masters, Zerto

That is kind of why I’m asking since despite their own announcements they’ve already made vSphere GA for all customers, in fact plenty of people have already upgraded.

Since the 6.7 release has some features we’ve eagerly awaited, we’re itching to jump on board. 🙂

Ivor, out of pure curiosity, what are the features that you’re eagerly awaiting? I know I’m happy to read that the HTML5 client is now fully functional, which means no more flash client!

Ivor, you’re right, my fault for reading VMware’s press release but not their Product Lifecycle Matrix, although it looks like they are still updating all the various dozens of docs. Anyway, per the vSphere Downloads Page, I can see GA was April 17, 2018. I’m sure they’ll update their other materials. Given that, and our 90-day statement, I’d expect Zerto support for vSphere 6.7 to come on or before Sunday, July 15, 2018.

I’ll add that I work for Zerto but am referencing our support statement and not speaking on behalf of our Product Management team.

And I agree, I’m sure plenty of folks have upgraded before checking with their 10 to 50 vendors whether they should actually upgrade or not. Happens every time. 😉

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login