• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated October 26, 2016 by Bob T.

Issue retrieving REST API vpgSettings object

• Hello,

I’m hoping someone can help me figure out what I’m doing wrong.  No matter what I try, I cannot seem to retrieve/create a vpgSettings object.  Below are some examples of what I’m trying and failing.  I’ve purposely left out all of the connection information due to that all works.  I can successfully access VMs, VPGs, localsite, peersite, etc.

First, if I enter the following in a browser:

https://zvm_ip:9669/v1/vpgsettings/help (with the appropriate IP, of course)

I get the following:

Endpoint not found. Please see the service help page for constructing valid requests to the service.

I’ve also tried various “JSON bodies” but receive the error listed below:

URL for all samples:

$vpgsettingsUrl = “https://” + $ZertoServer + “:”+$ZertoPort+”/v1/vpgsettings”

“body” samples:

$JSON =
    “{}”

$JSON =
    “{
    “”VpgIdentifier””:””$VPGidentifier””
    }”

$JSON =
    “{
    “”VpgIdentifier””:””9db80554-85c7-4cfb-ae0c-5ecf591776a6″”
    }”

Invoke method for all samples:

$VPGSettingsIdentifier = Invoke-RestMethod -Method Post -Uri $vpgsettingsUrl -Body $JSON -ContentType “application/json” -Headers $zertosessionHeader

Powershell error:

Invoke-RestMethod : Service
    Endpoint not found. Please see the service help page for constructing valid requests to the service.
    At line:1 char:26
    + $VPGSettingsIdentifier = Invoke-RestMethod -Method Post -Uri $vpgsettingsUrl -Bo …
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

– Bob

Hey Bob,

I use:

$baseURL = “https://” + $ZertoServer + “:”+$ZertoPort+”/v1/”
    $contentType = “application/json”
    $CreateVPGURL = $BaseURL+”vpgSettings”
    $JSON =
    “{
    “”VpgIdentifier””:””$VPGidentifier””
    }”
    Try
    {
    $VPGSettingsIdentifier = Invoke-RestMethod -Method Post -Uri $CreateVPGURL -Body $JSON -ContentType $ContentType -Headers $zertosessionHeader
    write-host “VPGSettingsIdentifier: $VPGSettingsIdentifier”
    $ValidVPGSettingsIdentifier = $true
    }
    Catch {
    Write-Host $_.Exception.ToString()
    $error[0] | Format-List -Force
    $ValidVPGSettingsIdentifier = $false
    }

This works for me without problem, but doesn’t seem to be working for you. Can I ask what version of ZVR you are running? It needs to be a 4.5 build as a minimum for this API call to function. Thanks,

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Thanks very much for your response.  Your last line, I believe, is my issue.  My ZVR is currently only at v4.0 Update 2. This would explain my issue, and give me a reason to add upgrading my ZVR to my list.

Thanks again,

– Bob

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login