• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated December 6, 2016 by Joshua S.

automated VRA deployment; DRS rules

• Greetings,

I was directed to the “automating Zerto with powershell and REST API” document to assist with my deployment. Specifically page 68 deploying VRA’s. My ZVM’s are not setup yet so I can’t test the script. If anybody has tried this script, do you know what if anything it sets for the VRA hostname? All I see is VRA IP address. I’d like to have it specify a hostname for each VRA to match what I’m reserving for IP addresses and DNS.

Regarding pinning VRA’s to specific hosts in a cluster, is it a best practice to create DRS rules for this or is there another method to ensure that VRA’s stay on given host?

Thanks for any replies

Ron

Hey Ron!

The VRA hostname is automatically generated as “Z-VRA-ESXiHostname” and isn’t a variable that you configure in the script. If you really wanted something different you could take the ESXihost name, suffix “Z-VRA-” then use PowerCLI to connect to the vCenter and run as part of your script after deploying the VRA:

set-vm -VM $OldVRAName -Name $NewVRAName

One thing to note is that the example script uses IP addresses as ESXi hostnames because that is how I configured the hosts my vCenter. You probably have actual hostnames in your vCenter so should use those instead.

As for DRS rules these are automatically created when deploying the VRA so you don’t need to worry about it. Any further questions let me know. Thanks,

Joshua

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login