• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated November 8, 2019 by Colleen O.

Error getting VM NIC data

• Hi I am trying to run a script to Export of VM/VPG data I found on this forum. Everything but the section to gather NIC data runs here are the commands

$GetVMSettingNICsURL = $baseURL+”vpgSettings/”+$VPGSettingsIdentifier+”/vms/”+$VMIdentifier+”/nics”
    $GetVMSettingNICs = Invoke-RestMethod -Method Get -Uri $GetVMSettingNICsURL -TimeoutSec 100 -Headers $zertoSessionHeader_XML -ContentType $TypeXML

there error is:

Invoke-RestMethod : Failed parsing ‘xxxxxxxxxx-75fc-4f25-a44d-a54af1dc11ed.vm-xxxxxx’ as a valid VPG Settings identifier.
    At \\childrens\files\set\Zerto\PowerShellPrograms\GetZertoData.ps1:368 char:21
    + … ttingNICs = Invoke-RestMethod -Method Get -Uri $GetVMSettingNICsURL – …
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

I get this error whether I run the script or plug in actual data.

Does anyone have any insight on why this command fails?

Thank you.

Hi Colleen,

I happen to run into this issue as well when running Zerto 7.0. This was a bug in the API, but has been resolved in Zerto 7.5.

Thanks,

Wes

Tagged: 

Thank you Wes,

We are currently at 7.0u2p1 and are planning to update to 7.5u1 in the next few weeks.

• Colleen
You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login