• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated January 18, 2021 by Chris R.

Specification of Zerto Replication

• Hello.

I need to check the specification of Zerto Repplication.

Q1
    About replication communication of protected VMs
    Am I correct in understanding that no communication occurs from vCenter and ZVM to the synchronization destination site?

Q2
    About the initial synchronization of protected VMs.
    Is it correct that the VRA reads the target vmdk file and transfers the data to the sync destination VRA?

Q3
    When comparing VM (only VMDK) and VM (with RDM).
    Are there any differences in the initial synchronization process between them?
    Also, in the case of RDM, is there any impact on the VM I/O?

Best regards.

Hi Akihiko

Q1
    About replication communication of protected VMs Am I correct in understanding that no communication occurs from vCenter and ZVM to the synchronization destination site?

Answer: There is communication between each site ZVM for pairing and ongoing management traffic

Q2
    About the initial synchronization of protected VMs.
    Is it correct that the VRA reads the target vmdk file and transfers the data to the sync destination VRA?

Answer: This is correct – Zerto needs to read what is already written in order to complete an initial sync

Q3
    When comparing VM (only VMDK) and VM (with RDM).
    Are there any differences in the initial synchronization process between them?
    Also, in the case of RDM, is there any impact on the VM I/O?

Answer:  There is no impact to I/O of replication with Zerto whether this is VMDK or RDM – we replicate in the same way and that is via the hypervisor.

Kind Regards

Chris

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login