• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated March 23, 2020 by Tamas Norbert N.

Licensing question

• Hi everyone
    Can you clarify how licenses are used in replication and migration scenarios?
    I currently have 200 licenses of the type custom on. Of those 200 the license page in Site Settings says 0 are being used even though i have 18 VPGs containing 109 VMs.

Also, are licenses released if VMs are migrated and the VPG deleted or is it used forever and i need more?

Thanks in advance

ps. i tried contacting Zerto about this through first the web chat which were unable to help and then the myZerto support section (could not be granted access to that one).

Hi Anders,

As to your first question regarding the discrepancy in the Site Settings – I suspect this may be a bug and you should probably open a ticket with support regarding it.  You can open a ticket directly through the ZVM if you are having trouble accessing myZerto (I’ll look into that also for you)

But to your second question – the difference between a migration license and a ‘replication’ (we call them enterprise or perpetual) license is the migration licenses are only temporary and are valid a few months.  The enterprise licenses last forever!  All you need to do is pay the recurring maintenance and support and they are yours forever.  You can use and re-purpose those VMs as needed.

I hope this helps clarify a bit.  Please reach out if you have more questions!

Tamas Norbert N

Hi Anders,

I would like to ask a question regarding migration licenses. If we have 50 migration licenses then we can reuse that 50 license within the 6 month period right? So for example if we need to migrate 200 servers, we can perform the migrations in 50 vm waves. Only thing here that 50 VM can be protected in a time right?

And after if the migration is take longer period then we have to buy an other migration license for the next 6 months?

Thank you in advance

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login