• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated January 16, 2024 by Hiabrae E.

replicate vcenter

• Hello, sorry if this was already asked. We have a 2 datacenter setup. Instead of setting up another vcenter for the second datacenter and moving all the objects . Just for recovery purposes has anyone ever protected and failed over vcenter with zerto. I cant think of a reason why it would not work.

Thanks!

Zerto needs vCenter to be available to do any protection and recovery. So vCenter would need to be recovered separately before you can use Zerto to recover anything else. In a 2-site, 1-vCenter scenario, you’d want to locate your vCenter at the recovery site for this reason.

Sorry for replying so late. We have 2 sites. 2 vcenters for now, 1 we can use for testing since the other is prod. We were thinking can we protect the vcenter with zerto incase we lose the datacenter or even to migrate it cross site if we know that site is getting maintenance done. They are both in linked mode right now. So you are saying that when using this to protect the prod vcenter i wouldnt be able to recover it in that disaster scenario because its going to need that vcenter up to do the work of bringing up the protected vm(aka the vcenter).

I also encountered this error, it doesn’t work and I still haven’t found a solution connections nyt

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login