• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated July 12, 2017 by George P.

ZVR version 5.0U3 compatibility with ESXi 6.0 U3

• <h5>Hi,</h5>
    <h5>According to the June 2017 ZERTO VIRTUAL REPLICATION INTEROPERABILITY MATRIX, if I’m installing ZVR v5U3 in a vSphere 6.0 U3 environment, there is a link to this article:- https://www.zerto.com/myzerto/knowledge-base/updating-a-zvm-to-support-zerto-approved-host-releases-prior-to-a-full-zvr-update/. The first step in the solution section of the article says “Contact Zerto Support to ensure that the ESXiHyper-V Host version you want to use is certified and supported by Zerto”.</h5>
    <h5>So, do I need to log a support ticket with Zerto? Do I need to follow the rest of the steps outlined in the solution section of the article? Are my vCenter 6.0U3b and ESXi 6.0U3 servers not Zerto-approved? I will be doing a fresh/new deployment of ZVR on this environment, I am not updating/upgrading an already existing deployment, so do I need to worry about the article at all?</h5>
    Thanks, George.

Hi George!

Thanks for your question.

If you ensure you are selecting the “call home” functionality during installation, you can use vSphere 6.0u3 with ZVR 5.0u3. Now, I would have to check if this makes a difference in a fresh install versus an upgrade, but using call-home will allow this in either case.

If you don’t use call home, there’s a chance the portal will tell you that you don’t have a supported vSphere version, in which case you can either enable call home, or contact support (or just update the file as outlined in the article you referenced — call home updates this file for you) to help you via the manual update process.

Hope this helps,

~Harry

Follow me: www.twitter.com/HarrySiii

Hi Harry, thanks for your information, very helpful. At least this reassures me that ZVR 5.0U3 does support vSphere 6.0U3.

George.

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login