• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated November 14, 2018 by Ryan S.

ZVM protected with FT

• Hi,

Can I protect the ZVM with Fault Tolerance?

I have two DC’s on either side of my building – we run half our workload in one and half in the other. Zerto protects some workload between the rooms. The hosts in the two rooms are all in the one vCenter – giving us the ability to HA if storage stays up in one DC but not the hosts.

I can protect vCenter with vCenter HA (I take it this is supported!!!), however, if the room with the ZVM goes down I would like to be able to recover quickly. This is why I’m looking to see if I can protect the ZVM with FT?

We also have other sites with Zerto installed if that helps in this scenario?

Thanks,

Hi Ciaran,

Have you checked out this KB on protecting/recovering Zerto Virtual Manager?

Protecting and recovering Zerto Virtual Manager

Hi Ryan,

The document is about protecting the ZVM in a two site configuration. I will only have one ZVM in this configuration with the VPG having a target of itsself (but to a different host and SAN).

Thanks.

Rats I thought I was on to something 🙁

Let me pose the question internally and see if someone can help with an answer

Thanks for taking the time to look into this Ryan – appreciate it.

Hi Ryan,

Any joy with this?

Thanks,

Hey Ciaran,

I can point you to two places:

1. The Enterprise Guidelines PDF has an official statement for this scenario (found in technical documentation on myZerto)
    2. One of our SEs actually wrote a blog about single ZVM and recovering Zeto in a failure scenario.

Single vCenter, Single ZVM, and Recovering Zerto in a Failure Scenario

Hope this helps

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login