• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated January 5, 2021 by Pamela J.

Zerto Upgrade

• We are planning an upgrade from Zerto 6.5U4P1 to 7.5.  In planning this, I have several questions noted below:

1. Any additional costs from a Zerto licensing for an upgrade?  If so, where would I find the cost?
    2. Are Zerto versions 7.1 and 7.5 compatible with vCenter 6.5, vCenter 6.0 and vCenter 6.7U3?
    3. How long does an upgrade take?
    4. How can a change be rolled back if we encounter problems?
    5. In future when we upgrade vCenter, will this require changes with Zerto?

Hi Pam,

This is Kalsang from Zerto. You can’t upgrade from 6.5 to 7.5 directly. You need to do in-place upgrade which means 6.5 to 7.0 and then 7.0 to 7.5 etc

There are no additional costs from a Zerto licensing for an upgrade.

Interoperability Matrix for Zerto Environments: This is for checking the Zerto version compatible with other platforms.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/Latest/Zerto%20Virtual%20Replication%20Operability%20Matrix.pdf?cb=1609863866

Upgrade doesn’t take much time and I would recommend not to select (Auto VRA Upgrade) while upgrading.

To rollback, If something doesn’t work is we suggest keeping a snapshot of the ZVM first.

In the future please refer to the same Interoperability Matrix for Zerto Environments for any vCenter upgrade or ZVM upgrade.

I hope I’ve addressed all your questions.

Best regards,

Thank you!

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login