• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated May 1, 2020 by Contara T.

Zerto replication between vCloud 8.1 to vCloud 9.5

• Hello,
    we are looking to upgrade a version of the VMware vCloud in our sites from 8.1 (ESXi 6.0) to 9.5 (VMware ESXi 6.0.0), but we would like to know if we can upgrade one of those sites to vMware vCloud 9.5, so temporarily Zerto will replicate from one vCloud 81. to another running 9.5. Although the ESXi on both sites will be the same (EXi 6.0.0).
    The Zerto Version is 6.5 on both sites.

Hello,

Contara from Zerto Support.

Can you please provide us your ZVM  exact Zerto version.  Zerto 6.5 U3 – 6.5 U4 does support vCloud 9.5.

See page: 18

http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/7.5_Latest/Zerto%20Virtual%20Replication%20Operability%20Matrix.pdf?cb=1588020600

Thank you.

The ZVM version is version 6.0 update 4 build.

Good Morning,

Base on your information Zerto 6.5 U4 does support vCloud Director 9.5 and vCloud Director 8.10.x.  If you upgrade one of the vCloud Director from 8.10.x to vCloud Directory 9.5, I don’t foresee any issues on Zerto replication.

Thank you.

Thank you, but I think my main concern is not if Zerto is compatible with both versions of the vCloud. My main concern is as Zerto will replicate from vCloud 8.1 to vCloud 9.5 (the site that will receive the vCloud upgrade) I am not sure if there is any custom attribute coming from the VMs at vCloud 8.1 that will break the replication or make the VMs replicated to the new site not usable at the site B running the new version of the vCloud 9.5. If the replication were ESXi to ESXi I was not afraid, as the ESXi version will not change. But the replication is using the vCloud layer and I don’t know how Zerto will react when we upgrade one site to vCloud 9.5 (site target) leaving the source site with the vCloud 8.1. Any ideas?

Hello,

As mention before:

Base on your information Zerto 6.5 U4 does support vCloud Director 9.5 and vCloud Director 8.10.x.  If you upgrade one of the vCloud Director from 8.10.x to vCloud Directory 9.5, I don’t foresee any issues on Zerto replication.

We have customers using different versions of VC/VCD between sites and we don’t see any issues as long Zerto is supported.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/7.5_Latest/Zerto%20Virtual%20Replication%20Operability%20Matrix.pdf?cb=1588020600

Thank you.

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login