• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated June 9, 2021 by Kalsang D.

Zerto DB best Practice (Embedded v/s External)

• We have Zerto deployed in the diff regions to support DR, we have them deployed with diff configuration for DB (a few sites have embedded while a couple of sites have external clustered SQL DB). Recently we noticed that, on the site where DB is hosted externally of SQL Cluster, the cluster resources do not failover to passive SQL node(when the active SQL node goes down), leading to Zerto unable to replicate.

I have a couple of questions:

1. What is Zerto’s Best Practice when it comes to DB Deployment? (any Doc referring to the best practice)?

2. I know external SQL DB is supported, but is a Clustered SQL Setup supported? is there any Guide which I can refer to validate against my setup?

please let me know if anyone else has similar setup or know the answers to the above.   Thank you!

Hi,

This is Kalsang from Zerto.

Protecting Microsoft SQL Server with Zerto – Best Practices Guide

http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/Latest/SQLBestPractices.pdf?cb=1623254193

Below is a step of moving a SQL cluster provided by one of the Zerto experts.

Moving a SQL Cluster – The really easy way

I hope it helps to set up before the failover.

Best regards,

Hello Kalsang, thank you for the response, but my question is SQL best practice while deploying Zerto (ZVM) and not how to protect the SQL workload (Virtual Machine).

Hi,

Unfortunately, we don’t have specific best practices for SQL while deploying Zerto. So, you might want to check with your Zerto Technical owner or AM for any configuration-related queries.

Best regards,

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login