• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated January 19, 2021 by Ravino C.

Zerto 7.5 U1 upgradeand ZVRAs timer glitch

• I have upgraded Zerto from 7.0 U1 to 7.5 U1 and discovered strange timer glitch notification on every ZVRA (in Main DC and DR site) console:

ie:

[ 6008.881072] rc.local[439]: 2nd attempt: now =6008585
    [ 6008.881572] rc.localp439]: Timer glitch: lastTimestampMs=6008585 now=6068586

As far as I am aware is not affecting replication but I want to know what it is and what is related to?

Interested to see what this as i’m thinking of upgrading as well

Got reply from Zerto:

This is a known issue when accessing the VRA via VMWare console from Zerto version 7 and above. It is addressed to be resolved in a future release.

In addition to my last email, please note that this does not impact Zerto functionality, and that if you will access the VRA using SSH, you will not see the timer glitch.

So go ahead and upgrade Dain

The reason you don’t see the glitch when using SSH vs Vmware vm console is Linux outputs errors to the console and not a tty session.  The errors will be in the system logs, typically in /var/log/messages or the flavor default

So this “glitch” has existed in the product for about a year now….does anyone know which future release version is supposed to fix it?

Same here. I just upgraded our entire environment to 8.5u1 and am still seeing this “glitch”.

Hello all,

The following KB describes this scenario as it is currently exists with VRAs on versions 7.5 through 8.5:

Problem with Repeated VRA Timer Glitch Messages When Viewing VRA From VMWare Console

The resolution regarding these messages is still targeted for a future release which will be updated in the relevant KB.

Best Regards,

Ravino

Zerto Support Engineer

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login