• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated April 2, 2021 by Kalsang D.

Zcc addtl CPU?

• can a Zcc make use of more than 1 cpu? (VMware)

any performance gain by redeploying the zcc by newer version (6-ish to 7.5 or 8)

(at that point of near 2gb/sec, so link, nic, and cpu are all max’d – trying to extract every last bit of tweaking before suggesting they need a second vcenter/zcc/link)

Hi,

This is Kalsang from Zerto.

Zerto Cloud Connectors are custom, very thin, Linux-based virtual machines with a small footprint and
    disk – memory and CPU – that have been hardened to limit the number of running services to the bare
    minimum. By default they run only the Zerto protocols and SSH. All other protocols and services, such as
    the Cron services and ICMP redirects, are either not installed or are turned off.

ZCC Considerations
    A Zerto Cloud Connector is used in multi-tenancy solutions in which disaster recovery services are offered
    to internal or external customers. The ZCC requires the following, regardless of the size of the site:
    • 4GB disk space
    • At least 1GB of reserved memory
    • 2 vCPU
    • 2 vNICs
    Zerto recommends using a 10Gbps vNIC for each Zerto Cloud Connector, enabling it to handle 10Gbps of
    traffic.

This is the latest ZCC consideration that I got from 8.5

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Kalsang, As you stated, the above is for v8.5
    7.5 deploys a ZCC with 1 CPU.  Is there any benefit to add another CPU manually?

Hi Mike,

To my experience since ZCC doesn’t do any CPU consumption task and all it does is packet forwarding from one end to the other. There’s no special benefit and there’s no hard and fast rule. So, If you feel like it’s really needed then by all means.

Best regards,

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login