Will Zerto work with vVols?

• Nobody is using vVols yet, but when people do start to use it (after 6 update 1?) will Zerto work with it?l

Twitter: @iannoble Reddit: www.reddit.com/u/iannoble

Thank you for letting us know about your usage of vVols.  We are going to scope the effort to implement vVols in early 2019.  After we scope the effort, then we can share more information about our roadmap.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

Thank you for letting us know about your usage of vVols.  We are going to scope the effort to implement vVols in early 2019.  After we scope the effort, then we can share more information about our roadmap.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

This is a vote from me as a customer. VVols where on the roadmap back in 2015 and vanished, as we have started leveraging vvols we have been forced to lessen our use of Zerto.

Hi Paul

thanks for letting us know you are starting to use vVols.  Your account team has linked your account to this feature request.  We have scoped the effort and we have put priority on getting vVols scheduled in the roadmap.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

I’m with Paul B. I’ve been monitoring this and making inquiries on this topic for over 3 years. The value proposition of vVols is, unfortunately, now greater than the value proposition of Zerto. We want—need—to move to vVols, which means we’re moving away from Zerto.

I have linked your account to the feature request for vVols.  Thank you for letting us know how critical this need is for you.  Please subscribe to the feature request to get updates about our plans.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

When will Zerto support vvols?  Do your competitors support it yet?

It’s been supposedly on the roadmap for years but with no fruition, how about extracting the digit..??

FWIW, As a CSP we have our customers asking if Zerto supports it.

You can add myself to that list of customers who are hoping for vVol support.  We want to start using them to reclaim a lot of the storage we have to reserve for our backup product (10% needs to be free on the datastore).  Unfortunately Zerto not having vVol support is holding us back from doing so.

We’d like to pile on to the vvol bandwagon here as well. A blog posted following ZertoCon this year indicates that VAIO support is a prerequisite for vvol support, and suggests all that is coming in version 7.5 this year. Any truth to that?

vVols needs some additional change beyond VAIO.  vVols is not part of Zerto 7.5.  I have linked your account to the vVols feature request.  If you would like to vote on the vVols feature request, then you can get future updates about the status of supporting it.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

What is the hold up here?   Please pick up the pace and support vvols.

vvols need to be high priority

you can replicate vm sources with vvols, the destination however cant be vvol, nfs or iscsi only.  But so far we’ve had zero issues replicating vm’s that use vvols as their source disks.

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login