• This topic has 19 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated August 28, 2019 by IT O.

vSphere 6.5 U3 Compatibility

• Hi. We just patched ESXi via Update Manager which has installed ESXi 6.5 U3 when we were previously on 6.5 U2. Now we’re getting an unsupported ESXi version. It appears that VMware must have released 6.5 U3 within the past week and there is no mention of it on Zerto’s compatibility matrix – not even for the later releases such as version 7 (we’re currently on 6.5 U3 P1). Would an upgrade to the latest Zerto VR fix this or are we stuck?

wait 7.0U1P1 has been released?! this is the patch that fixed the custom ssl cert issue ? I’ve been waiting on that for what looks like a month?!

We are also running version 7.0U1P1 and my VRA,s for the vSphere 6.5 U3 hosts are still in error with “ESX 65 update 3 is not supported”.

Please advice we are now not meeting the SLA en RPO.

If you are continuing to have trouble running Zerto 6.5 or Zerto 7.0 with vSphere 6.5 U3, then please contact Zerto Support for assistance.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

Zerto 7.0U1P1 with vSphere 6.5u3 worked for me following this guide:

Updating a ZVM to Support Zerto-Approved vSphere Releases Prior to a Full ZVR Update

Hi All,

I’m late to this thread, but I have 6.5 Update 3 Patch 1 build 065314003 and I have had to downgrade ESXi hosts get around this issue. Please can someone from support confirm what I need to do to make Zerto support 6.5 U3 ?

Many thanks

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login