• This topic has 19 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated August 28, 2019 by IT O.

vSphere 6.5 U3 Compatibility

• Hi. We just patched ESXi via Update Manager which has installed ESXi 6.5 U3 when we were previously on 6.5 U2. Now we’re getting an unsupported ESXi version. It appears that VMware must have released 6.5 U3 within the past week and there is no mention of it on Zerto’s compatibility matrix – not even for the later releases such as version 7 (we’re currently on 6.5 U3 P1). Would an upgrade to the latest Zerto VR fix this or are we stuck?

The latest version of Zerto is not compatible with ESXi 6.5 Update 3. I had to roll back a host upgrade. Hopefully, Zerto will release an update soon for compatibility.

Our QA team is planning for this support.  I will update on this thread about our timeline to support vSphere 6.5 U3 as soon as possible.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Platform Product Manager

QA testing of vSphere 6.5 U3 is underway.  We expect to finish by July 17th.  I will update this forum when testing is finished.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Platform Product Manager

Thank you for the prompt response, Amy.

Let me know to we have the same issue here.

@Bob C – I have fallen into the same trap – VMware has told me there is not rollback – how did you manage to do so if you dont mind me asking

Fortunately, I caught the issue after upgrading only a single host. I was able to roll back by pressing Shift+r when the hypervisor begins to load during host boot. It then presents an option to boot to a rolled back version. It did not roll back all the patches, but it did rollback from update 3.

Thanks for the reply Bob – I thought you would have done that – unfortunately I could not roll back to a different version for some reason. I had the choice to rollback to the  same version numbers and so the rebuilding starts….

I think you should send a new flash info to the customers next time you don’t support a new vmware release so we don’t upgrade the infrastructure. Now 1 of my server is offline because on this compatibility issue.

Zerto QA has finished validating support for vSphere 6.5 U3 on Zerto 6.5 and Zerto 7.0 today.  Thank you for your patience while we completed our validation.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

Hi Amy,

Does that mean the current release of Zerto will now work with vSphere 6.5 U3? Or will there be an updated patch release of Zerto we have to wait for?

Thank you,

Bob

Ditto on Bob C’s question…?

There are no updates to Zerto needed to run vSphere 6.5 U3.  We support vSphere 6.5 U3 on Zerto 6.5 and Zerto 7.0.

Amy Mitchell

Zerto Product Manager

Hi Amy,

I’m running version 7.0U1P1 – my VRA for the vSphere 6.5 U3 host is still in error with “ESX 65 update 3 is not supported”.   Could you please let us know how to proceed if no updates are needed?

Thank you,

Art

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login