• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated January 3, 2023 by Kehaulani H.

VRA Power On After ESXi Host Exits Maint Mode

• We’ve been experiencing an issue with random VRA’s not automatically powering on after an ESXi host exits maintenance mode. Specifically, this problem is the most prevalent after the task of upgrading/patching ESXi hosts from the VUM. The issue also propagates on both the protected and recovery sites.

The VRA’s that do not automatically power on appear to be at random. There isn’t just one VRA in particular that doesn’t power on after an ESXi host exits maintenance mode. Also at times, it is just one VRA that will not power on and other times it is two or three VRA’s that will not power on.

Just a bit of background in regards to our environment. The protected and recovery sites are both running on vCenter/ESXi version 7u3i. The protected site consists of a cluster of 22 ESXi hosts (Dell r640’s) and the recovery site consists of 5 ESXi hosts (Dell r650’s).

Every host on both sites have VRA’s installed on them with 1 vCPU and 3GB of memory allocated to each VRA. The Zerto ZVM/VRA version on both sites is 9.7 build 09700114528. The protected site is currently protecting 17 VM’s within 7 VPG’s.

Has anyone else experienced this VRA power on issue after an ESXi host exits maintenance mode? If so, is there a known fix? We are able to easily resolve the issue by manually powering on the VRA’s, but we would like to be able to rely on the VRA’s ability to automatically power on.

Yes, we are also seeing the same issue in few hosts in same cluster, unable to spin and power on the VM’s ( Zerto VRA). Working with VMware support as well. But we doubt issue related to some other aspect.

Ah…that is good to know. At least we now know that it isn’t just something in our environment. Thanks so much for the info. If I find anything new I’ll be sure to update this post. Thanks again!

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login