• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated May 6, 2022 by Pradeep A.

VRA install fails vib SshKeyAppendVib installation

• Trying to install a VRA on a host running in a vSAN-enabled cluster. Getting the below error. It’s a 3-node cluster. One of the other hosts failed with same error, but through trial and error I was able to deploy the VRA by simply choosing a local datastore (not vSAN datastore) and then svmotioning afterward. This host is continues to fail trying local storage and NFS storage.

Error Message-

VRA installation Failed:
    an error has occured during vib ‘SshKeyAppendVib’ installation

Little more detail…

The host is esxi6.5 U1, managed by vCenter 6.5 U1 (appliance with external PSC).

Zerto version 5.5 U2

Specifying root password, instead of using shared key, for the VRA install was successful.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for sharing your solution!

Let us know if there is anything else you need assistance with

I ran into this same problem on a SimpliVity HCI cluster, and the fix was to specify the VMware Host’s root PW.

Check the box, type the password.  Thanks for your tip, helped us as well.

I have this exact same issue on one of the esxi host in the cluster and the solution to use the root password doesn’t work in my case. Any other solutions?

Looks like putting the host in maintenance mode, rebooting the host and then tried to re-install the VRA with the host root password worked for me !!

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login