• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated October 19, 2023 by Nik R.

VPG Migration to New Recovery Nodes

• Hello Experts , I needed your advise on the below:

We are currently running Zerto v9.0 U4 in our environment with multiple protected sites and a single recovery site, utilizing DRaaS with ZCC configured. Each site has its own ZVM server. Due to hardware aging, we are in the process of refreshing our ESXi servers at the recovery site. Our new ESXi servers are located in a different cluster within the same data center, with both old and new datastores accessible to all hosts in the clusters. As part of this infrastructure update, we aim to upgrade Zerto to v9.5 U4. Additionally, we are planning to migrate our Zerto journal and recovery datastores for our VPGs. We understand that maintaining the same journal and recovery datastore when moving VPGs to a new recovery host simplifies the process and avoids delta syncs. However, we are interested in migrating to new journal and recovery datastores.

I wanted to seek your guidance on the following points:

Datastore Migration: Is there a recommended procedure to migrate VPGs to a new journal and recovery datastore while avoiding delta syncs? Our concern stems from managing large volumes of data, potentially in the tens or hundreds of terabytes.

ZCC Considerations: Given that we utilize ZCC, should we be adopting a different approach or strategy during this migration and upgrade?

Direct Configuration on v9.5 U4: Can the destination VRAs be directly configured on Zerto v9.5 U4 to bypass the need for upgrading the Zerto VRAs at the new recovery nodes post-migration?

ESXi and vCenter Versions: We’re presently utilizing vCenter version 7.0U3l and ESXi version 7.0U3i, which are not the optimal compatibility matches for Zerto 9.0U4. To prevent potential replication issues, would downgrading these versions be advisable before we initiate the VPG migration to the new recovery nodes? However, if a direct migration of VPG recovery nodes from 9.0 U4 to 9.5 U4 is viable, this version discrepancy might not pose an issue, correct?

Thanks!
You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login