• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated August 24, 2017 by Harry S.

VPG delay

• Hi,

i wonder if anyone can help, is there a way to delay a whole VPG from starting its VMs? Basically I have about 6 VPGs and I would like, in a fail over or test process, to start up a full VPG set of VMs before I start the other VMs in the other VPGs. Is this possible or is the only way to delay the starting of VMs within the boot option per VPG?

thanks

Simon

Hi Harry,

thanks for the reply. I think I will just be managing them manually now anyway as delaying the boot order will only effect the VMs in one group and not others so I cant achieve what I am trying unless I use some kind of pre-boot script.

Thanks

Sounds good, Simon. Thanks for the reply. Another option, pending you can test the One-to-Many function, is you can make another VPG with all of your VMs within, and set boot ordering in the entirety of your VMs. Of course there are pros and cons depending on what you wish to accomplish, but it’s an option you can try out.

~Harry

Follow me: www.twitter.com/HarrySiii
You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login