• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated November 6, 2019 by Ryan C.

Upgrade process

• Just starting to plan to upgrade to 7.5, we are running 7.0 update 2. Just confirming i can update the ZCA (AWS) to 7.5 and it will continue to work with the ZCM in vmware on 7.0 u2 until i am able to complete the upgrade if not all in 1 go.

Hi there! I’m Matt, with Zerto support.

The Zerto Cloud Manager must be updated first, as it is only compatible with Zerto Virtual Managers of it’s own release, or one less. Please see page 15 of the below linked documentation.

Upgrading Zerto – http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/Latest/Upgrading%20Zerto%20Virtual%20Replication.pdf

Hope this helps!

Matt,

Are you referring to the Zerto Cloud Console (ZCC)?  or the ZCA which is the zerto appliance we deploy in AWS which is paired with the ZVM on-premise (vmware) for replication?

Thanks

Ryan,

I did say Zerto Virtual Manager (ZVM) when I meant Zerto Cloud Appliance (ZCA). I did mean Zerto Cloud Manager, as you had said you were upgrading your ZCM. Did you mean ZVM on VMWare?

Matt,

Our customer has a ZVM (vmware) on-premise replicating to the AWS ZCA for their DR solution.  Running 7.0 update2

we are not using a cloud manager to manage multiple sites.  This is the Basic AWS deployment of Zerto replicating from vmware to AWS.

I assume I would upgrade the AWS instance 1st, then upgrade the vmware virtual machine and ZRAs onpremise.  But the 7.5 update 1 will work with 7.0 update 2 if I have to upgrade in stages?

Thanks

Ryan,

I apologize, I see that you meant upgrading an AWS ZCA before a VMWare ZVM now. Yes, in this situation, you can upgrade the ZCA to 7.5 before upgrading the ZVM without issue. They will continue to work as long as you need to wait to upgrade the ZVM as well.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks Matt

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login