• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated November 17, 2023 by Brandon S.

Under Max License Limit Alert

• Does anyone know how to suppress the License Limit Warning? I am 7 under my Max limit and i am getting the License warning, was curious if i could suppress this or even if there is a known tweak for this.

thanks all !

Hi Dan,

I’m sure your local Zerto sales guy would be happy to get you additional licenses to make that go away ;-).

In all seriousness though, that is a good question. I haven’t personally ran into this before, so I’ll have to do some digging. Give me a few days (Its a Saturday now) and I’ll get back to you (though anyone else is free to chime in if they know the answer.)

Thanks,

–Sekora

Hi Everyone, I'm the new(ish) chief evangelist for Zerto. I'll be the first to admit that I have an addiction to startups with cool technology and I love my current day job :-). Seriously, if there was an AA equivalent for startups, I'd be finding myself at those meetings rather quickly! My background is all technical in nature. In past lives I've been a senior VMware instructor, VMware design consultant, cloud architect, NetApp engineer, etc, etc. Most recently I came from SimpliVity where I was a director in the Office of the CTO. I've got a slew of fancy letters behind my name from various certs (really good test taker here). If there is anything I can do to enhance or otherwise help make your Zerto journey as amazing as possible please don't hesitate to ask! As much as I am an evangelist from Zerto to the world and amazing customers, I am also an evangelist for those same people back to the internal folks we have here at Zerto. Anything I can do to help please let me know. Enjoy the Journey My Friends. :-) --Sekora "Know the rules well, so that you may break them effectively." Dalai Llama XIV

Today you can acknowledge the alarm but it will ultimately return. No way to suppress it yet, but Product Management team is well aware and has it on the feature backlog. All just a matter of time!

There we have it. The Zerto Master, Mr. Masters has spoken.

Hi Everyone, I'm the new(ish) chief evangelist for Zerto. I'll be the first to admit that I have an addiction to startups with cool technology and I love my current day job :-). Seriously, if there was an AA equivalent for startups, I'd be finding myself at those meetings rather quickly! My background is all technical in nature. In past lives I've been a senior VMware instructor, VMware design consultant, cloud architect, NetApp engineer, etc, etc. Most recently I came from SimpliVity where I was a director in the Office of the CTO. I've got a slew of fancy letters behind my name from various certs (really good test taker here). If there is anything I can do to enhance or otherwise help make your Zerto journey as amazing as possible please don't hesitate to ask! As much as I am an evangelist from Zerto to the world and amazing customers, I am also an evangelist for those same people back to the internal folks we have here at Zerto. Anything I can do to help please let me know. Enjoy the Journey My Friends. :-) --Sekora "Know the rules well, so that you may break them effectively." Dalai Llama XIV

We just received this today, any word on when this will be able to be suppressed?  Seems a little aggressive to alert at 15% of license usage when I would assume that most people aren’t buying a lot more licenses than needed for their environment.  I would personally like it better if it would alert when you are creating a VPG and don’t have the licenses available for the amount of servers you want to protect or something in the dashboard that says 48 of 50 VMs in use.   The license alert is pretty obnoxious and looks like you have a licensing problem even when you don’t.

I just came across this, too.  I don’t like yellow on a dashboard when there technically is nothing to alert upon.  License “alerts” should be left for reports and emails.  It goes back to the ‘lack of planning on your part’ argument.  We’re well aware of our current license limit.  Again, I don’t want a false positive ‘warning’ condition when nothing is wrong.  I’d like to see this implemented sooner rather than later, especially since this has been a public discussion for a year (going by this thread alone).

I see notes on this thread that this is a known complaint, that PdM is aware and has it on their backlog. Any news for 2019 on when this will be addressed? It’s very annoying as currently configured.

We’d prefer it be a configurable item including: threshold for notification, choice of notification method (dashboard, email, etc), and have to option to suppress permanently.

Thanks.

**Zerto customer since 2015.

I am going to pile on too.  We have 758 licenses used out of 850 (ie, 92 free licenses) and we are still getting a yellow alert on the dashboard (presumably because it is above 85%).  Extremely annoying.

Anyone have a tweak for this? Change the alert to 99% or 100% of used licenses instead?

Over 6 years later this is still an issue. Any chance this will ever be changed?

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login