• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated April 3, 2017 by Rik B.

Unable to see multiple Clusters

• We are working a new install with a migration from a VMware 5.1 to a 6.5 Installation. The original setup uses 4 hosts for all guests, but the new setup has 8 hosts for protected operation guests (UCSDMZ) and 2 hosts for public access guests (PUBDMZ).

When we set up VPG’s, we are only able to see the UCSDMZ cluster and hosts in the setup dialogs.

TLDR; We would like to be able to push public facing guests towards the PUBDMZ, but only the UCSDMZ cluster is visible.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be? Any help would be appreciated.

Setup Details
    2 x Cisco UCS Chassis with 4 Blades each connected to 6248 Fabric Interconnects (FI’s) – (Protected Access)
    2 x C220 M4 FI connected Rack Mounted Servers with FC connected SAN access via FI’s. – (Public Access)
    1 x NetApp FC connected 5600 SAN with 56TB of Storage
    Separate externally facing Protected and Public networks. All Cisco.

Hi Rik,

Are all of these hosts and clusters part of the same vCenter Server? If not, do you have a ZVM connected to each vCenter Server?

Are these clusters using Distributed Virtual Switches? If so, can you verify that all of the hosts in the respective clusters are connected to the same VDS’? Do all of the hosts in the respective clusters have the same access to the same datastores?

Thanks! I’ll dig around some more and see what I can find out. I recommend reaching out to support if you haven’t already — they should be able to verify everything with you as well.

~Harry

Follow me: www.twitter.com/HarrySiii

Hi Harry,

I discovered that the dvSwitch for that network had been configured a ways back to utilize the wrong ports/adapters.  Once this was corrected, all worked as expected.

Thank you for your reply.

Rik

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login