• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated October 17, 2019 by Jim C.

Time incorrect on failed over vm's

• Aloha,

Whenever I fail-over a vm, it boots with a time 10 hours into the future. It just so happens Hawai`i is UTC -10. The hosts receiving the vm’s are Dell 930’s. In the DRAC i set the timezone to Pacific/Honolulu. I also made sure the time in the BIOS was set properly. This worked on one host as I can Zert a vm to it and the boot time is accurate – the other two hosts I am at a loss. Any help is appreciated.

Bill

We’ve seen it a few times. Generally for us an additional reboot resolves it when it comes up. There is a kb from zerto on this.

Windows VM after Failover/Failover test/Move is showing up with an incorrect time

Here’s what I found that makes the time correction simple:

Synchronizing machine time with domain controller

If you run from an elevated command prompt NET TIME /domain:mydomainname /SET /Y the system time gets set to your domain time.  It even reports back which DC was used to set time from.  I haven’t tried to put this as part of a script for moves (we don’t do a lot of moves) but it does take care of the time feature introduced when moving between VMWare sites.

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login