• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated December 4, 2022 by avz@qad.com.

Throttle changes in 9.0U1 make no sense

• It appears something was changed in version 9.0 regarding the bandwidth throttle.

After we upgraded to 9.0U1, replication has slowed to a crawl across our 10 gigabit connection. We previously set the throttle to 1000 “MB“, which should have been 8 gigabits, according to Zerto support. I attempted to increase the setting to see if that would help catch up replication for the 48 VPG’s that are now out of sync. I received an error message that the maximum setting is 5 Mbps?  (Yes I realize 1500 MB is larger than 10 gigabit):

image.png

According to Zerto’s own documentation, the minimum bandwidth required is 5 Mbps:
    image.png

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up? What’s going on with the bogus throttle setting in 9.0? Also, it would be super helpful and prudent to use the same measurement unit that everyone in the world uses for WAN bandwidth, which is megabits.

Hi Aaron,

My name is Bar, I’m with Zerto Support.
    I’m not aware of any changes within the bandwidth regulation from version 8.5->9.0.
    There is also nothing in the release notes indicating any changes/fixes, with that being said, there are small chances there is a change that might affect the regulator.
    It’s also likely that there is another bottleneck somewhere in the replication datapath, not allowing Zerto to utilize all the available bandwidth.

I’d recommend submitting a case with Zerto Support with as much information as possible, and with logs for 4-8 hours from both sites should it be required.
    For some reason, I can not see the images uploaded, so I recommend attaching them to the case as well.

For the measurement units, you can upvote the following feature request:

Feature Requests

Feature “ZRVCORE-I-460”

Bar,

What about the fact that the popup says the maximum bandwidth limit is the same as the documented minimum bandwidth requirement?

Hello Aaron,

As mentioned, I can’t see the photos, I did try to reproduce this in my lab and it seems that any value exceeding the value of 10500mbps(anything higher than 1312)will trigger this pop-up message.
    It is mentioned in the documentation to avoid such situations, “In the text area that becomes available, set the MB/sec. The valid range is from 0 to 1300 MB/sec.”

I’ll reach our dev with an internal ticket to fix the pop-up message to provide the correct guidance.
    Thanks

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login