• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated March 23, 2020 by James C.

SCVMM Install

• Just started our Zerto implementation on Hyper-V; for the SCVMM install, should this be a VM itself running on one of the Hyper-V hosts or is it a better practice to install on a standalone physical server.? The only reason I ask is due to the SQL server requirements for SCVMM.  Thanks!

Did you ever find the answer or receive any feedback. We are trying to determine if SCVMM is installed outside of Zerto or does Zerto also backup/replicate the SCVMM server

Hi Debra! I did receive a response stating that the SCVMM server should be a VM running on a host. Keep in mind that you will have two instances of VMM – one in Prod and the other in your DR site. They do not get replicated. However, Zerto does not yet support Server 2019, so I am seriously considering going back to vSphere despite the additional costs (for us anyway).

FYI – Zerto 8.0 supports Microsoft SCVMM 2019 and Hyper-V 2019.

Thanks for the info – I was hoping that would be the case. Have they announced a release date yet..?

Today it is has been. I see it available under downloads. If you move forward, let me know how it goes. I’m still learning Zerto with 7.5 so i plan to hold off on 8.0 for now.

Yep! Just checked – awesome! Thanks! I’ve been holding off until they supported Hyper-V Server 2019. Will let you know – I have to rebuild everything, but that’s part of the fun!

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login