• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated June 16, 2020 by Matthew W.

Replicate VPG to local storage and remote storage

• Hi, Is there a way to save the replica to local storage at the protected site and replicate that to a remote site as well?

Hi there, I’m Matt with Zerto Support.

At this time, it is not possible to replicate your recovery data. What you can use is Zerto’s One-to-Many feature to replicate your protected VMs to a second location. Please refer to the Replication process in the below linked Administration Guide for information on how to enable One-to-Many.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/zertodownload_docs/Latest/Zerto%20Virtual%20Manager%20vSphere%20Administration%20Guide.pdf

We hope this information helped! Thank you, and have a good day.

Hi, I don’t see the term “one to many” anywhere in the documentation.  Is there another name for it?  Thanks.

Brett,

If you are searching for the term, it will be listed as “One-to-Many,” I apologize for the confusion. You will find the relevant section under each “Replication” category, for example Step 5 on page 72 under “Replication From a Protected Site vCenter Server to a Recovery Site vCenter Server.”

I hope this helps.

Ok, thanks.  Got it.  It looks like I need an upgraded license to take advantage of this feature, is that correct?

Brett,

To use Zerto’s One-to-Many feature, you will need a ZVR Enterprise Cloud Edition, that is correct. Your account manager should be able to help you change your license if required.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you,

You must be logged in to create new topics. Click here to login